Saturday, April 26, 2008

Deep breath...regroup....


OK. Well, as many of you know, we had a tough night Monday that involved a couple of very frustrating phonecalls and emails with the US consulate in Vietnam. The email we were hoping to receive announcing our preapproval and OK to travel was actually a notice that we should hear the determination within the next 60 working days. With the date they put on that notice, that's mid June. I bottomed out and felt crushed. That finish line just keeps getting moved!

So, Brian and I decided we needed to approach things differently. Obviously our nightly emailing/phonecalling were not productive; the congressional inquiries from Vic Snyder's and Mark Pryor's offices at least thusfar haven't brought them any results either, at least not yet. And our constant obsessing definitely has taken its toll on me. So I decided to step back and take a breather for a few days, and take a less "involved" (i.e. obsessive) approach... These last few months have been frustrating, and this lack of control is infuriating!(I hear the laughs from all of you who have been or are currently on this Vietnam adoption journey.)

In any case, Sam is there and waiting on us. We believe God wants him to be part of our family. We feel as if we've done what we can to make that happen, and we've gotta pass the details and timeline off to God. (I hear God saying, "Well, FINALLY.")
Many, MANY thanks for all the prayers and support and phonecalls--many of you are in at least the same quagmire of frustration, if not worse. I pray for all of you as well.

Note the wonderful picture we got of Sam this week. He's wearing the same little overalls that he had on at his referral in September. Strangely those little pants don't seem quite as long anymore...

16 comments:

Heather M. said...

Oh, the new photo is just precious. He is so handsome. I am very saddened by how many problems you have had with the USCIS. I do hope & Pray that it is resolved very soon. I have a link to Bring Our Children Home on our blog....you may have already seen it, but it is specifically dedicated to those having issues regarding the stage you are in....

Heather M.
Waiting to travel for Caleigh

Jessica said...

The wait sucks, I know. I was furious too while we were waiting. But with all that is happening you will be glad that USCIS took their time and made sure that your little guys paperwork is all legit.

KellyG said...

Sam is just precious, Shelley!
You and your family continue to be in my prayers!

Heidi said...

What a doll. He looks like he is doing great! I check your blog EVERYDAY for an update, and I will continue to pray for your family. For what it is worth.....our approval came after about 35 days from out letter of ackowledgement. We were on our way about 3 days later.

Heidi

lori said...

What a great photo of Sam - he is so handsome! Thinking of you - hopefully soon...hang in there!

Julie said...

I just love the new photo.

I wish I had the magic words to make sense of all of this. Just know we are thinking of you everyday and hope that Sam is home sooner than later.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear of the pushed back date! That picture of him is beautiful and I know it makes you want to bring him home that much more! I will continue to pray for quick travel! He has such a great future ahead of him in such a loving family!
Love ya'll!
Sara Kathryn

thefisks said...

I love the picture of Sam. We are taking some deep breaths for you, also. Hopefully, the more things resolve themselves now, the less red tape when you travel.

Nadra said...

Love the new photo of Sam. He's so handsome. Thinking of and praying for you. Hugs :)

Nicki said...

Oh how frustrating. I didn't realize you had to wait yet another round. I check in on you everyday and pray that you will soon be on your way. At least you got a great new picture. My, how cute Sam is.

Nicole

Leigh said...

He is just precious!

I am sorry to hear of your current status. I can surely understand your feeling that the "finish line" keeps getting moved. I really hope your pre-approval comes quickly...you've waited too long! Hang in there!

Kelly said...

He is so cute and his hair is growing fast! I'm so impressed with your attitude and thoughtfulness. I can't wait to see you with Sam.

Kelly

Bill, Paula & Will Cook said...

What a little man in this new picture! We're praying that you'll be hugging him soon! :)

Bob said...

It's a long hard fight, isn't it? Hopefully the finish line will come soon. At least they are working on your case, although it sounds like a comedy of errors is going on. Hope you hear good news this week.
Carla C

The Hills said...

What a cutie!! Praying for you and your family, Shelly!
Scarlett

Heather M. said...

Shelley, it's been a long time since your last post...I'm guessing no news...so frustrating! I check in every day; please know that we're hoping that you get your I600 approval & are on a plane to VN Very Soon!!!

Heather M.
Waiting on our I600 approval as well...Ready to Go to CanTho!